Monday, October 17, 2011

Cheering in the rain, birthday parties, and helping a friend with a project

Some of the activities that you will have the chance to do with your little girl when you be come a cheer mom. I only have one daughter, but during cheer season I end up having a lot more. The girls your daughter gets close with you will be getting close with also.

After cheering in the rain for 4 hour and being wet and cold, Sean and I took Hanna and Taylor to lunch at Bru’s room. ***After a game your child will always ask to bring another little girl home or she will ask to go with another family home.

After lunch we took the girls back to the house and her other friends started to arrive for Taylor sleepover party.

** Note - some times things turn out bigger that we expect them to. a great example of this is: What was going to be a child’s only sleepover turn into an impromptu party for the parents as well, good times, good times. All the parents left around 12:30 and we had 6 out of the 10 kids sleep at the house. I put three kids in each room. Hoping everyone was going to sleep nicely was wishful thinking. I ended up sleeping with 3 three of them so they would go to sleep, and they did. Around 3am I made my way up stairs to my own bed.

Other things to expect after a long weekend: Monday morning rolls around and I have a child with 101 fever, I called her out from cheer just like you would do for work. I was told if I do not have a doctor’s note she will get a demerit and sit out ½ a game. Mom got the note.
Ladies Cheer is like a job for your child. one girl missing from a game or practice is not productive for the team. They need everyone to show up it is important.

***Competition,
Competition, Competition - they all want to be superior.

No comments:

Post a Comment